Jun 19, 2010

17 months .... & priceless memories


No matter how much I think, there isn't a way I could sum up these 17 precious months of my life. The 8 hour drive from Virginia to New Jersey with my White-American sister hit me hard when I saw the "Welcome to New Jersey" sign on the Highway, I started dreading the moment her car was going to pull over the driveway, the moment I will have to get my stuff out the car, and face the reality. Reality has this thing, you know its there, you know its coming, but when its happening it hits you with a force of a boulder!
That's what happened with me, I knew this was going to happen, I knew I could not stay here forever. How things change from being a complete stranger to a person you cant live without, that I have no idea of.
Without much exchange of words, we said what we had to say, amidst the silent tears & the promises of being in touch, I felt the undying bond, the thing you cant describe in words and its just there, ya know?
I leave America soon, along my luggage I carry memories worth 2 years, and I don't know what else to say! it might be a pretty blatant post but I know the purpose has been served.

2 comments:

  1. You carry memories not worth just 2 years, but a million years haha, the parting part is the most difficult one in exchange experience yet its exciting. Have a safe journey coming back home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) And yet, say 3 years from today, you'd never have imagined all this would even happen. :) You have so much more in store for you.

    I love the picture, by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete