Jan 2, 2012

So long.

Like everyone else I spent my new year's partying and drinking. Partying with my Harry Potter series and drinking that liter bottle of coke. Total badassery, I know right? I still haven't found a clear cut answer to 'What was the best past of this year' This was the year where I fucked up really bad, laughed till I couldn't remember the joke, had a great time with friends. This was also the year I struggled. A lot. Struggled against passing early judgements, against keeping ridiculous grudges, parents. The year I gave in to a lot of things that I never thought I would, and odd as it sounds it felt nice. This was also a year of breaches. I drifted apart from a lot of people and getting back in touch seemed like a lot of work so none of us bothered. This past year has been a roller coaster of errors, tears, madness, loss of hope, good photographs, high times, rage, insomnia, 3 am phone calls, sneaking out, endless worrying. This year also made me realize how I am not perfect at all and how I need to get to places on time and not keep people waiting. I have also learnt that there are no forever's, that if a person decides to leave there is nothing you can do to make them stay. All individuals have desires of their own, and sometimes they don't necessarily coincide with those of other people and if forced to do so, the outcome is not pretty. And that the best thing sometimes is to let go, and you'll finally start noticing the small, important things around you. Let go and it'll all be beautiful again. But I got into medical school and I'm finally studying to be a Doctor, so it's all good. Here's one of my favorite pictures of 2011. Have a great year ahead y'all.

4 comments:

  1. 'and how I need to get to places on time and not keep people waiting. '
    YAYYY! :-D

    On a serious note, Happy New Year! Thanks for being a major part of my life, a great friend. I missed you in Times Square last night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what the hell? i seriously didnt know you were in med school :D Thats terrific!! stay badass :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. :))))))))
    since i dont have words to describe ur lovely post, i am using the smiley faces !


    p.s: "I drifted apart from a lot of people and getting back in touch seemed like a lot of work so none of us bothered."???
    still, love ya !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, congrats! And happy new year!

    ReplyDelete